Monday, May 6, 2013

::May Boards of The Past::

Wow! I've been MIA for awhile I loads of projects and ideas to share with you as well as some book reviews that have been piling up. Sorry I haven't been around, time has once again flown past me!

Part of the reason that I've been gone is that my husband and I just celebrated our one year anniversary and I threw myself into planning our trip to Portland, Oregon (I'll share some pictures of our trip too - Portland is a GREAT city for kids). We obviously didn't do all the things geared for kids but there is so much for them to do there. It would make a wonderful family vacation spot. More on that later...

Today I'm going to share my May boards of the past. Sometimes May boards are a conundrum for me. I always end up asking myself if I should stick to spring or make it a summerish board that I can leave up through June. You'll see what I mean:

I did this board in 2011 as a homage to my mom. She loves birds and birdhouses and I thought it was the perfect spring board. The houses turned out so cute and it just looked so happy!
 This was in 2012. One of those boards that I kept up through June. By far one of my favorite boards! We made envelope sharks, coffee filter fish, and bowl jelly fish. 
 And now this year's board. We did our interpretation of Eric Carle's, "The Very Hungry Caterpillar." 
 Here's our caterpillars on their leaves.
 And here's the ice cream and pie he ate through.
Happy May Friends! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment